THE CHORUS FESTIVAL
Organized by the Hauts-de-Seine department, the 29th edition of the Chorus Festival will take place in La Défense from November 20th to 24th and at the Seine Musicale performance space from November 24th to 26th. Faithful to its high standards, the Chorus Festival will propose singular and audacious sets, highlighting the diversity and cross-fertilization of musical genres. This festival is for people of all ages and backgrounds who would like to experience an unprecedented musical event.
THE CHORUS FESTIVAL AT LA DEFENSE
From November 20-24, 2017
The Chorus’s Magic Mirror stage has returned to La Defénse in order to host the best that this festival has to offer! New arrivals to the French and European scene as well as artists supported by the Department itself, will all perform on the Magic Mirror’s stage: La Chica, Black Flower, Livingstone, Mat Bastard, Soulya, Adam Naas, Maïcee, Demi Portion, Jesca Hoop, Millionaire, Part Company, Talisco, Heymoonshaker, Berywam, Fùgù Mongo and DBFC!
Free concerts at lunchtime (12 PM) and after work (6 PM) on Monday, November 20th, Tuesday, November 21st, Thursday, November 23rd and Friday, November 24th.
As for Wednesday afternoon it will be dedicated to younger audiences with:
2 PM: Little rock story – by Claude Whipple – Rock, 6 years and older
5 PM: Smile city – Funk, 6 years and older
Accessing the Magic Mirror in La Défense:
- Metro line 1, La Défense – Grande Arche station
- RER line A: La Défense – Grande Arche station
- T2 tramway: La Défense – Grande Arche station
- SNCF lines Paris-Saint-Lazare / Saint-Nom-la-Bretèche or Versailles / La Verrière. By car : The La Défense beltway, exit La Défense 4, Centre parking lot / Bus - from Paris: 73 - / From the western suburbs: 141, 144, 159, 258, 275, 276, 278, 360 / From the northern suburbs: 174, 178
Access for people with disabilities:
The Festival is accessible from the Centre – Grande Arche parking lot, exit La Défense Centre.
To access the esplanade from mass transit – Metro line 1, T2 tramway, RER A: take exit F-Miro Calder – Information services regarding transportation for people with disabilities: www.infomobi.com
All concerts will take place at the Magic Mirror, where a seat can be reserved for you. Plan on letting them know that you will be attending (01 47 29 30 48).
Information: chorus.hauts-de-seine.fr and Facebook
THE CHORUS FESTIVAL AT LA SEINE MUSICALE
From November 24-26, 2017
On Friday, November 24th, 10 groups selected as part of the 2018 Chorus Prize will perform on stage before a professional jury. This scouting process for young talent will designate one group of current musicians residing in France and will support it in the development of its career by awarding it with a prize of 10,000 euros. On Saturday, November 25th and Sunday, November 26th, audiences will groove to urban, electronic, pop and rock music and will have the chance to discover up to 25 groups per day spread out over 5 stages at this event. From headliners to emerging artists, there will be something for every musical taste!
On the agenda:
Saturday, November 25th starting at 2 PM:
AMADOU & MARIAM // FRENCH FUSE // CATHERINE RINGER // THERAPIE TAXI // MØME // PALATINE // ROVER – Out of the blue // JAHNERATION // EDDY DE PRETTO // THOMAS AZIER // LA DAME BLANCHE // KOKOKO! // EINLEIT // WUMAN // SHANNON WRIGHT // TIM DUP // PALE GREY // JORIS DELACROIX // FRENCH 79 // INUÏT // I AM STRAMGRAM // NSDOS // ALOHA ORCHESTRA // POUVOIR MAGIQUE // GREGORY PORTER: Nat King Cole and me, with the Paris Symphonic Orchestra conducted by Vince Mendoza
Sunday, November 26th starting at 2 PM:
CHARLES X // ACTION BRONSON // STUFF // TIGGS DA AUTHOR // JESSE JAMES SOLOMON // DE LA SOUL // GRACY HOPKINS // COELY // ROMEO ELVIS X LE MOTEL // NADIA ROSE // FIXPEN SILL // CABALLERO & JEANJASS // PANAMA BENDE // SOUL J // YUNG RESVAL // SCH // CORY HENRY & THE FUNK APOSTLES // TIEZO // NODJ // KERY JAMES - A.C.E.S TOUR // A.F.R.O. // SHAKKA // MAWIMBI
On Sunday, November 26th,
3 performances especially geared towards families will take place: 10:00 and 11:45 AM: LUMIERES! – Indie pop cinema screening with live music by Ellie James, 3 years and older 11:30: Cartoons - LE SACRE DU TYMPAN - Jazz, 6 years and older 2 PM: Quand je serai petit – by TONY MELVIL AND USMAR - Electro, 7 years and older
CHORUS LABO + ARTISTIC AND CULTURAL EDUCATIONAL EVENTS
In collaboration with the Chorus festival, the inauguration of the Chorus Labo in the region makes it possible to roll out numerous projects with the aim of supporting musical talent through creations, residencies and numerous cultural events. These activities will take place throughout the 2017-2018 cultural season in collaboration with partner institutions. Artistic events will also be organized for general audiences, and in particular, audiences with limited exposure to cultural events, middle school students as well as musicians from the Hauts-de-Seine department.
- Online: bit.ly/2uwDofx
- On-site: reception and ticket office at La Seine Musicale are open Tuesdays to Saturdays, 11 AM to 7 PM.
Group and reduced mobility reservations
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01 74 34 53 53
La Seine Musicale
Ile Seguin, 92100 Boulogne-Billancourt
- METRO line 9 - Pont de Sèvres station (end of the line), exit #1 (first take the Quai Georges Gorse and then the Renault bridge)
- BUS Pont de Sèvres station - lines
- TRAMWAY line 2 - Brimborion or Musée de Sèvres stations, then take the footbridge Taxis or town cars: drop off zone on the island’s esplanade, at the end of the Renault bridge
- Nearby parking: - Indigo - Cours de l'île Seguin (at the foot of the Renault bridge) 53 cours de l'île Seguin, 92100 Boulogne-Billancourt - Indigo - Rives de Seine (4 min on foot) 38 quai Georges Gorse, 92100 Boulogne-Billancourt - Q-Park - île de Monsieur Sud (9 min on foot) D7 - Rue de Saint-Cloud, 92310 Sèvres - Indigo - Pont de Sèvres (10 min on foot) 82 rue de Sèvres, Quai Alfonse Le Gallo, 92100 Boulogne-Billancourt
Access for people with disabilities:
La Seine Musicale is a High Quality Usage site and therefore adapted for any disability. Furthermore, specific measures have been put into place in order to improve the comfort of disabled people:
- Portable audio induction loops.
- Stationary radio system.
- Multi-sensory signage.
- Surtitles (only in the Auditorium).
- Double handrail in the staircases.
- Braille in elevators.
- Tactile ground surface indicators on the Esplanade as well as the interior street.
- Restrooms adapted for people with unstable balance. For any specific reservation request, contact us by telephone at 01 74 34 53 54 or by email: email@example.com
RESERVE YOUR TICKET : THIS WAY